Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Vacation and Swim Clinic

Training while on vacation can be a difficult situation and I’m discovering that I didn’t handle it very well this past week. I’ve been out of town for five days and thought that the rest would be good for my body and while I do feel rested to a degree, my legs felt like jelly after my ride yesterday. I didn’t do much but a couple runs during my trip and I’m paying for it now. Next time I’ll try to schedule a few swims to go along with the running.

On the subject of training I want to get the word out that Gretchen McElroy will be leading an open water swim clinic at Elephant Butte this Saturday August 13th. The group will leave El Paso at 5:30 am and get to the lake around 7:00 am. You need to pay for your entry into the state park and the clinic will be a minimal fee of $20. Gretchen has a ton of experience and has raced this course before, so for anyone interested in getting a leg up on the competition or just wanting to feel more comfortable in the water, make plans to attend. Also, bring your wet suit, bike, and running shoes as Gretchen will also take you out on the bike and run course. The clinic is open to all levels and ages and is a good opportunity to meet other triathletes living in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment